Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In order to help minimize spread of the coronavirus and protect our campus community, Cowles Library is adjusting our services, hours, and building access. Read more...
Sign In to SuperSearch
Throughout SuperSearch, you will see messages prompting you to sign in for more options. While you can certainly use SuperSearch as a guest, more services will be available to you once you sign in.
- Click the Sign In link in the upper right corner of any SuperSearch screen.
- Select the applicable option: "Current Drake students, faculty, or staff" or "Other users"
- Enter your credentials.
- If you selected Current Drake students, faculty, or staff, sign in using your Drake credentials (either email address or Drake ID and your Drake password). There are also options on the log in screen if you forgot your Drake password or want to change your password. (If needed, see ITS Help Guide). If you are already logged in to a Drake service in another browser tab, SuperSearch may sign you in without asking for your credentials.
- You should see your name at the top of the screen.
Trouble Signing In?
- If you are current Drake student, faculty, or staff, and SuperSearch is not accepting your Drake ID and Password, consult the Drake ITS Password Help to troubleshoot your Drake account access.
- If you registered as a special user at Cowles Library, you will log in with your barcode and password. If your password is not working, or if you cannot remember your password, click the "Need help signing in?" link on the login screen, then click "Forgot Password?" Follow the on-screen instructions to receive an email that will allow you to create a new password.
Changing Your Password
- If you are a current Drake student, faculty, or staff, you cannot change your password in SuperSearch. You must use Drake's Self-Service Password Reset.
- If you are a Cowles Library special user, or an attorney or alumni using the Law Library:
- Sign in to SuperSearch using the steps above.
- Click on My Account > Personal Settings > Edit Details > Change Password.
- Enter your old password, your new password, and click Update.
- If you don't remember your password, see the "Trouble Signing In?" section, above.
Why should I Sign In?
Signing in provides several benefits:
- You can access Drake licensed resources - all those great scholarly resources the library pays for you to use.
- You can manage your library account: view your checkouts and holds, renew items, and more.
- You can set preferences for the way you want SuperSearch to look in current and future sessions.
- You can set search alerts to get an email when new items match the criteria for a search you have already run.
- You can save and organize search results in your Favorites.
- You can access certain library services. For some services, like requesting a hold and Get It Now, we need to know who you are before we can offer them.
When you are not signed in, any items or searches you save will be removed once your session times out or you close the browser.