Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In order to help minimize spread of the coronavirus and protect our campus community, Cowles Library is adjusting our services, hours, and building access. Read more...
Provides comprehensive coverage of international zoological literature.
Get Help Now
Have a product question? Search our Knowledgebase or open a support case with our Customer Care teams.
What is Zoological Record?
1864 - present
Zoological Record is the world's oldest continuing database of animal biology. Content consists of:
- Approximately 5000 journals from over 100 countries
- Books, reviews, conferences, and other non-serial publications
Major fields of study include:
- Ecology and the environment
- Marine and Freshwater Biology
- New techniques
- Veterinary sciences (wildlife)