DIGRA: Digital Game Research Association
- Multidisciplinary journal dedicated to research on and practice in all aspects of games
eludamos: Journal for Computer Game Cultures
- Theoretically and/or empirically deals with digital games in their manifold appearances and their sociocultural-historical context.
GAME: The Italian Journal of Game Studies
- Comparative, critical and theoretical analysis of videogames
Games & Culture
- Innovative theoretical and empirical research about games and culture
- Primary focus is aesthetic, culturual and communicative aspects of computer games
Journal of Games Criticism
- Feed-forward approach to video game criticism with a focus on the social understanding of video games and video games criticism
- Mixed-method approach to the study of digital games
Routledge Companion to Video Game Studies
- Addresses the ongoing theoretical and methodological development of gamestudies, providing students, scholars, and game designers with a definitive look at contemporary video game studies.